Saturday, January 3, 2009

Frustration in the Palm of Your Hand

So I decided to make the transition from Knitting Diva to Savvy Seamstress by purchasing a sewing machine today. Unfortunately, most sewing machines are a bit too expensive for my meager crafting budget, and they take up a lot of room in my small apartment.


Enter the "Stitch Sew Quick". Aside from the incredibly unfortunate name, I thought this could be the answer to my crafting prayers. It's a sewing machine, but it's small, lightweight, and I don't have to worry about being out of tons of money when I eventually get bored with it and let it collect dust in the downstairs closet.


Also, I'm a total product junkie and this is kinda cute.





This is why I really should always read product reviews before purchasing things. Especially small, cute things. According to one review the little device has the capability of actually going mad and turning on itself and the operator. Well, I've no idea what that could mean, but it sounds frightening and Terminator II-esque.


So I haven't opened the box just yet. I went out for a while with my friends tonight, then came home and procrastinated for a bit online, and now-- it may be time for me to give this a shot. I won't post pics of my mutilated hands, I promise, but I may post some shots of mutilated bed sheets.


Wish me luck!

0 comments: