Saturday, January 17, 2009

Personality, Productivity, and Prayers

Ahhh, what a week it's been. I've been up to my ears in work, but that's exactly how I like it! Does that make me a Type A personality? We bandy around that term all the time, but what exactly does it mean?




From the bastion of all things TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY TRUE AND RESEARCHED*, Wikipedia:



"Type A individuals can be described as impatient, excessively
time-conscious, insecure about their status, highly competitive, hostile and
aggressive, and incapable of relaxation.



They are often high achieving workaholics who multitask, drive
themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about the smallest of delays.
Because
of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as
"stress
junkies." Type B individuals, in contrast, are described as patient,
relaxed,
and easy-going.
There is also a Type AB mixed profile for
people who cannot be clearly categorized
."




*not true or carefully researched

Riiight. I'm pretty sure that most people would fall into that Type AB category, really. Anyway, I'm definitely not a Type A.


...but I have been very focused and business-y lately. The hard work does indeed pay off, as I made two sales this week, getting me closer to that goal I made in my Crafty Resolutions. I also learned that my "Rosie" scarf is by far my best selling product though my "Peasy" scarves get a lot more views and hearts. Does the three dollars make that much of a difference between the two? I personally like the Peasy line of scarflettes a bit better.


I also knitted up a massive cowl scarf (pics to come). It was my first time completely making up a lace pattern, and while it's very simple, you can definitely see I was "winging it". I like it though, so I plan to wear it through the spring months and such.


Now, it's off to work (the "real" job) and to find a way to make business cards.


Also, on a more personal note: In reference to a previous post about my lovely, vivacious, and talented crafty Grandma who is in the hospital- she is still with us. She is still in the hospital, but has been recovering, albeit slowly from her physical trials. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks!

0 comments: