Sunday, February 8, 2009

Outstanding Etsian #2, and other matters

I have so many things to talk about, but for now there are three things on my mind:

1. WryandGinger's Suck It Up School of Business: These are probably the most entertaining and helpful selling tools I've come across on the Etsy forums. They're chock full of funny, down to Earth advice that should be required reading for anyone who is throwing a bit of a strop about not selling anything after a few weeks on a massive craft site in saturated market.

Here are links to some of them, print and read whenever you're feeling a bit down- no matter if you're a seller or not!

Lesson 1: OMG Someone Copied Me!
Lesson 2: BWAH! Why isn't anyone buying my stuff?
Lesson 3: I lost my heart...
Lesson 4: Tough Like Rhino Skin
Lesson 5: Hustle, baby, Hustle!


2. I am in LOVE with making jewelry- specifically earrings. There's something incredibly soothing about working with tools and shiny things. I went to the library and scooped up a lot of different books on jewelry making techniques, and I'm pretty excited to move on to creating bracelets- even though I don't really wear them that often. It sounds quite Victorian of me, but I think a woman's wrists are incredibly beautiful, delicate, and feminine- so why not highlight that beauty?

3. I'm very ashamed to admit this, but I really want a Snuggie.

No, I'm not referring to an attractive man who enjoys spooning- I'm referring to a backwards dressing gown/choir robe made of fleece that's being sold for 19.99 on television. It's one of the biggest sellers in the US, and a lot of my friends recieved one for Christmas from well meaning mums. When I first saw the commercial below, I thought it looked incredibly ridiculous.



However, the ultra cold weather, and the desire to have my hands free for crafting makes me desire something along the lines of a Snuggie. So embarrassing.

0 comments: