Monday, March 23, 2009

Life Lesson: Tights are Two Degrees from Trousers

While in Los Angeles I got a chance to look at some of the trends that are prevalent out there.

Jewelry: Chunky, clunky, and the bigger the better. Hippie throwbacks, turquoise, and even shiny yellow gold are being embraced again. Also, giant granny glasses, and Studio 54 meets Golden Girls type clothing. For men and women.

Accessories: Tams have been back for a while, but it was interesting to see the different patterns people were employing. A lot of them looked handmade as well. Hopefully some of my Etsy friends are the ones selling them!

Also there was an accesory trend I could do without- girls wearing tights as pants. Tights are not leggings. Leggins are not trousers. Therefore tights are about 2 degrees away from qualifying as acceptable forms of clothing on their own. Seriously, ladies- I don't want to see that much definition in your ass, I don't care how big or small it is.

In any case, I got a lot out of the trip- relaxation, research, and retail therapy. Good times over all. Check out my store to see some of the vintage earrings I brought back!

0 comments: