Monday, March 2, 2009

The Vintage Secret's Out...

I was going to keep this a secret until the big debut but...





I'm opening a new shop soon!


It's going to be vintage oriented, with emphasis on ladylike ensembles from the 1960's and 1970's in the USA. I just love the flow and design of clothing from that era. There's something so decadent about it all- without the self awareness of clothing from the 80's.


In any case, it's going to be called "Warm&Happy Vintage" (you see what I did there?) and I've already started collecting items to start up in a few weeks.


It only seems natural for me to also have a vintage shop, seeing as I've been wearing consignment, estate sale, and thrift shop clothing since I was a kid. Though my parents would buy me khakis from The Gap, and polos from J.Crew- I'd save up to go to the thrift store every couple of weeks, and come away with fabulous Gloria Vanderbilt high waisted bellbottom jeans, checked polyester dresses, and sweet leather jackets galore. My classmates thought I was a nut for eschewing Abercrombie and Fitch in favor of Goodwill, but I found I had a knack for spotting good stitching, high quality fabrics and old accessories that could be mixed easily with modern ensembles.


So that's what I hope to achieve now, 10 years later, with a lot more cash to spend, my own ride to the store, and an even better appreciation for the styles of years gone by.

0 comments: