Monday, May 11, 2009

The "Disappearing Sofa" Trick

Sorry for the lack of postage- but work and other ventures have been driving me mad and sapping my creative mojo. However- I'm back now, and ready to turn this blog around!

Let's play catch up for a bit, I'll go first...

I moved into my one bedroom loft apartment over a year ago, and I've been struggling with my living room from the very start. The layout isn't a real issue, it's the decor. There's a fair amount of clutter in there; some cheapies mixed with pricey antiques, all sorts of knicknacks littering every available surface, and I'll be damned if I can settle on a color scheme.

So I've decided to sit down and have a serious talk with my living room. Starting with the Ashley sleeper sofa. I'd get rid of it, but quite frankly, I don't know if I could get it through the door again without doing serious damage to myself or my rented dwelling. So I will simply try to make it look smaller.

"The Disappearing Sofa Trick"

1. Glare at the sofa.

2. Go to local thrift store and purchase 1,000TC king sized flat sheet that is roughly the same color as the wall paint.

3. Apply sheet to sofa, taking care to tuck in the sides.

4. Carefully arrange throw pillows and cat.

Improvement? Perhaps.

0 comments: